Saturday, April 21, 2012

Minkiewicz...do I need any other inspiration?

I had a Mink Medallion that I bought that had been base coated in oils. It was intended to be grey. I decided to finally work on it and finish it. I took some paint and shaded it in and in about 15 minutes had a nicely shaded horse. Here he is with paint just applied and no blending applied yet.
After the initial blending took place.
Since that was easy enough I decided to mess with it some more. Though about putting dapples on him, but liked him as is so much that I decided to just leave him be. Here he is while in the 'blind' stage.
After tweaking with him some I finally put an eye on him so he doesn't look like a dead floating fish.
And without flash.
Since these photos, I have gone back and messed with him a little more and redid the eye. Then I tried to use pencils on him and ended up going over it with more paint, which covered the pencil. I also redid the mane and added more dark points to the ends. So far I really like him.

No comments:

Post a Comment