Friday, March 2, 2012

To grey? Or not to grey?

Well I guess I decided to grey, or else this post wouldn't really be truthful. I wanted to paint last night, but all I got around to doing was primering three horses. So my victims...I mean...test subjects... (Does that really soind any better?!?!) ..anyways...are a Pipsqueak, a Mindy, and a Mini Crusher. I tried Mel Miller's techniques off of her blog...kinda. I adjusted my colors a little bit from what she suggested, tho.
Here she is after my first few boats and come blocking done around the tops of the legs.
I've got some shading going on here and I really like where this color is going. Not sure how I'm gonna go about putting dapples on it. I kinda feel that would ruin the color I've got going on here.
She is darker here. I guess you're gona have to trust me on that one. Kinda looks the same, huh? Have I mentioned that I really like this color and wish I had more oil painting brushes so that I actually had brushes I'm suppossed to have and there weren't any brushstrokes in the paint work. Ugh! Stupid brushes.
Well, here she is at my stopping pont. Such a pretty color. If it weren't for those @$^&#! brushstrokes! Oh well...I can only advance, right? Hello?!? Anyone?!? Crud!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment