Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Lone Star Live 2012

After about 11 years of not showing model horses (and the last time being my first), I decided to dive back into the fun. So a trip to Fort Worth with my mother was planned out and began a sad gloomy Sunday morning. I had decided to only show the AR/CM divisions in Halter and skip the OF's, since I only have a limited amount of OF's worth showing and about 100 in AR/CMs alone. I took 50+ (probably closer to 70, YIKES!!) and headed out.
I ended up missing a foal class, missed callbacks for a resin that got a first, and eventually got a Division Champ in Doc's Black Card.
While I was anxiously awaiting the callbacks for Overall Champ I got caught up with the Mini Resins, which had started and I had twice as many as larger resins. I had been showing anything above SM size in non-mini and found out I could have done that differently. Ugh! Anyway....distracted and crazy I think I barely made callbacks, but my Tango resin Unwritten Law made a Division Champ in his callback so I had my two pretty boys in Overall callback.
I hadn't really expected to even get a Division Champ and had only hoped maybe a Division Reserve Champ at best and by some fluke, since the competition was amazing. Plus I wonder what my Ziryab, which my mother named at the last minute and won and is now stuck with that name, would have done if she got to her Division callback. In the end, Doc's Black Card got a Reserve Champion Overall in his first EVER show.
I was even asked about his story since he's not painted by Carol Williams (don't ask I don't know it, but wish I did) by a judge, which was really neat. I met some people I recognized from ModelHorseBlab and saw some horses I've only seen in photos. Overall, it was a great and fun time, even tho the vendors ran out of coffee and I thought about falling asleep driving home. The highlights: Reserve Champion Overall - 1 Division Champions - 2 NAN Cards - 19 I think it was worth going and having fun and a great end to an 11 year lapse of no showing or even for my second show.

No comments:

Post a Comment