Thursday, March 15, 2012

Experiments wih Salt and Watercolors

So I heard through the grapevine....well....from a friend...that if you use salt with a water soluble paint it will make it do really neat and crazy things. So here's what I created with my experiment. Oh these are Artist Trading Cards so about 2.5 x 3.5 inches.
I'm not sure that I like the splotchy way that this turned out, but it's not entirely sucky, right?
I really like the way that this one turned out a lot more. It's got so many different things going on in it that it really seems interesting, even though it is the same colors as the previous.
Now this one I love. It has a little of everything going on and has it evenly spread throughout the painting/picture and draws your eye. It conforms to my ideal blend of chaos and conformity. It's hard to explain, but this kind of well done chaos appeals to me and really makes me wanna try this technique even more and get it down. Tame the chaos!
Then I decided to make a fish and use the technique to make the scales on the fish. So I showed those close to me and my mom promptly decided to claim it to put on her desk at work.

No comments:

Post a Comment