Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Fatale Mystique?

I decided to start sculpting again. I'm kinda stuck on the clay and making it more detailed so I decided to try the Sculpey clay. I had tried a long time ago, but it just didn't work for me. I think they have made it a lot better now. Once again I'll do the steps of what I have done so far.
Step One: I made an armature of a horse skeleton. Now I have decided to do an Arabian so this might end up looking off since they have one less vertebrae, but I am doing a longer version and pose so it might not make a whole lot of difference. Hopefully.
Step Two: I mixed 75% Firm Sculpey III and 25% of the Super Sculpey. This took awhile to measure out as they come in different sizes and I didn't want a whole lot of clay left over.
Step Three: I took the clay and tried to make a kind of skeleton on the armature. I made a neck, basic shape for the head, spine, shoulders, the pelvis, and the base of a ribcage. I should really be calling them their real names, but I think everyone can figure out what I mean. That's about as far as I have gotten with him so...here he is finally.

No comments:

Post a Comment